A nameserver is a webserver that helps to identify the location of your domain name on the internet. Nameservers are a central part of the Domain Name System (DNS).
In easy words, nameservers can define your domain’s current DNS provider.
They translate into human-readable domain names with respective IP addresses which are four-digit numerals, of the respective webserver to find a website.
How Long GoDaddy nameserver change time?
The process of GoDaddy nameserver change time takes 24 to 48 hours.
How many nameservers are provided?
Every website has two name servers which are ns1 and ns2. GoDaddy also provides two nameservers to GoDaddy domain nameserver change. This name is set by the web hosting provider on the purchase of a domain name and a cheap Linux web hosting account.
- Ns1 is the first server which is listed as the primary server.
- Ns2 is the second server which is used as a backup server.
In case if, the first server is not responding then Ns2 is used as a backup server. GoDaddy change nameservers for the domain is a simple process.
Working of GoDaddy Nameserver Change:
To update or add nameservers GoDaddy works like a phone connection, your phone connected to the network the same as your computer is connected to the internet network.
When you want to search any website, at that time you need to type the domain name into a web browser.
For e.g. when you type domain name such as www.yourdomainname.com at that time your computer will go to the domain provider and request the nameservers for a domain name.
Now, this request will go to the nameservers and request the IP address for the domain name and finally reach to the desired website. Normally a user buys a domain name from one company and hosting service from another company and faces some technical issues.
GoDaddy is one of the largest domain names and web hosting providers in the world they provide both domain name and web hosting services. They offer various top level and country-level domain names.
When you have your domain name and web hosting service what next?
The connecting position between your domain name and web hosting server is the nameservers. So you just need to change nameserver in GoDaddy to make your site online.
Steps to Change Nameservers in GoDaddy:
There are some of the steps that you need to follow when you need to change nameserver in GoDaddy:
First, you need to login to your GoDaddy account by using username and password.
Once you login to your GoDaddy account then you need to go to the “products section”. In the product section, you will see several options such as Domain, Email, and Photo Album, etc.
Now click on the “Domain” tab.
After click on the domain tab, you will see a list of all your purchased domains name.
Now click on the “Setting” option and select the “Manage DNS” button of the respective domain name that you want to change the nameservers.
Now you will get one pop-up window. In the Name Server Settings pop-up window, you need to select the radio button for Custom and then click the “Edit Name Servers” link.
In the provided spaces enter the name of your webservers. Once you are done with all changes click on “OK”.
To save or finalize all changes click on the “Save” button.
These are the complete steps to change nameserver in GoDaddy and that is a very simple process.
How to Get Nameservers of Web Hosting Company?
- If you are using cPanel web hosting services, then you can easily find out the details of nameserver in your cPanel account.
- One another option is, you can contact your web hosting company and get the correct nameserver details.
- Most of the web hosting provider offers the details of nameserver in their help documentation.
Use of Domain Name Servers:
Domain name servers are used for –
- To make an online presence of your website or business visible on the internet.
- DNS is used to convert domain names into corresponding IP addresses and locate the website hosted on a specific web host.
- To redirect traffic this comes on your domain name to a web best vps server at a specific web host.
- To help your customers, to find your business online.
- To provide security to data from accessed by untrusted users. DNS servers are monitored regularly and consist of the latest security technique.
Check out this video to know more about Nameservers and how to change them.
This is the complete guide about domain nameserver, its uses and how to change in the GoDaddy account. The GoDaddy change nameserver settings is a very easy process.